Table pads are a lot like mattress pads. Not everyone uses them but they should. Here are some of the many reasons for using table pads.
1. They provide a barrier between your beautiful wooden table top and everything you place on the table. It will protect the wood from liquids, heat and scratches from all those hard sharp objects like knives and forks.
2. They provide a slight cushion to the table top edge that feels rich when your arms are on the table and provides a better drape for your tablecloth.
3. They provide additional sound absorption in a room to muffle sound. Something those overly noisy restaurants should look into.
You have several choices of table pads.
1. Custom table pads which you order over the internet and are made from a template, exactly for your table. They are made in sections and fold up. They do an excellent job but they can be expensive. Just wipe, dry and store when you aren’t using them.
2. You can purchase felt backed vinyl fabric by the yard and put that down on the table (felt side down) and then add your tablecloth. Easy and not too expensive. Just wipe, dry and roll up until your next event. Please don’t fold as it is very hard to get the creases out of it and they look bumpy under your tablecloth. We sell the white vinyl felt back at Best Dressed Tables
3. Purchase a roll of thin foam packaging material. You just lay this down on your table and either wipe it clean or throw it away after your party. Very easy, very inexpensive and very temporary but hey-it works!